Monday, February 11, 2008

Forest (not Gump) in my family

When I arrived back home a week ago following news was waiting for me: "We have bought a forest!" What a hell, what? when? why? shocked and surprised face...

Question nr. 1: Why do we need it?
Question nr. 2: How much was it?

Well, still I do not know why we need it. May be - besides others - because of memories - my mum: "We bob-sleighed there as kids, remember?" Her husband: "I do, and skiing as well. You were scared because of heigh of hill, weren´t you?" ... And then I realized it was not so expensive because... one very simple reason:) There are 32 trees in our forest:) Funny, isn´t it? When I heard it I started to laugh. Of course do not imagine there is just a stripe of a few trees which I call forest - it is just a part of huge forest we own.

So now, besides having mum as a part of municipality and being responsible for writing chronicle of a village my family is forest owner. What a feeling:P

Additional important information:
Village where my mum lives has about 75 inhabitants (no, I did not forget to write "000" it is really so small:)
My mum is a part of municipality (actually, she is "vicemayoress") mainly because she was asked to do so. It was not her intention to do it I guess. You know, find 7 people who will be a part of municipality in a village with about 75 inhabitants is not very easy. It is like searching Magnificient 7:)

No comments: