Thursday, February 7, 2008

MC Selection

I spent previous days in Prague by running MC selection process. Together with other 11 candidates we applied for some position in Member Committee (MC) of AIESEC in the Czech Republic. After filling in quite a tough application we were invited to go through selection itself. It consisted of Assessment Centre, group discussion on AIESEC topics, interview with current MC members and interview with AIESEC alumni.

Did I feel nervous? Yep, I did. However, atmoshere was very friendly and for me personaly selection itself from the very beginning meant a kind of self reflection - how I am able to find information, what I know and do not know yet and I should, how I can cooperate with others, whether this is what I really want to do, how people perceive me as a potential MC member, what is my opinion on certain topic and if I am able to stand behind it... To be honest, I still do not know how to feel after selection as I still do not know the result. Anyway I feel comfortable as during selection I did not play any role, simply I behaved in my way, expressed my personality and ideas and by this I am satisfied. I realized again I am not a kind of person who can change opinions easily when it seems to be better for career or getting other benefit.

Between interview with current MC and interview with alumni I had free time so I walked in Prague. In Charles Bridge there are many statues which were originally "golden" by due to time, weather conditions and chemical reactions which I do not understand:) they got black. Except of one of them or two small places on one of them. As people still touch it and wish something it remained the same. Do not ask me about the story of this statue as I do not know it. Why am I talking about it? Of course once walking in Prague I had to go there and make a wish. Once I made it I realized even in a stress time of MC selection, even if I want to get there so much, I did not wish to get into MC. Somehow unconsciously I made the same wish as when I was there in June. Does it tell anything about my priorities and values? I have no idea. Wanna know what wish was that? I will not tell you - you know how it works with wish once being told aloud:)

No comments: