Monday, February 11, 2008

President´s election

A big topic for the Czech Republic nowadays. Who will be the next president of our country? Václav Klaus (current one) or Jan Švejnar?

To be honest, I do not care much as president in CR does not have such a huge power and influence and both of them are really quality candidates from my point of view and I feel ok with both of them. Frankly, I did not watch campaign or news so I do not have many details about their work or so.

Anyway, what I want to mainly talk about is the process of election itself. I would not watch it but as my stepfather watched it on TV I witnessed a bit, too. Well, I do not care about politics and its procedures at all but what I have seen was ridiculous. Election itself was long, boring and the main thing is it did not bring any result. Politics did not elect new president so they will come together again in few days and hopefully they will elect somebody.

Well, I know politics is about negotiation, plenaries, talking. Anyway, this election was a real mock. Not only for me but I think even for media (especially those abroad) and all people living in the Czech Republic.

I know I should be happy I live in such a peaceful and democratic country as the Czech Republic is - and I am. I just felt like I want to share this opinion. Hmmm, my first "politics" post. Cannot I made it:) Somebody like me who does not care about politics almost at all...

No comments: