Monday, February 11, 2008

Peaceful Warrior

This weekend I watched The Last King of Scotland which was a cool movie but I want to mention another one. Peaceful Warrior. What did I like so much on it? Again, it was about strong personalities, overcoming obstacles, life priorities, relations - simply movie I like. To me, added value also is this movie is based on real events, real person - Dan Millman, former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor. Besides other I found "Dream small" post on Dan´s blog that I fully agree with. Well, I know and believe anybody can do and reach anything s/he wants to. On the other hand I have a feeling we (I) are just too much pushed by others to reach high without knowing who we (I) are and who we (I) want to be - I really mean we or I not my familly, friends, society and its trends.

Some Useful quotes from Socrates (Wiki source) that you can find in movie:
1. Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humour and Change.
2. Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't bother figuring it out.
3. Humor: No matter what circumstances, do not lose your sense of humor.
4. Change: Do not be so sure in life; anything can change.
5. There is never nothing going on. There are no ordinary moments.
6. This moment: The past and the future do not matter; all that matters is now, this moment.
7. It's not the destination that brings happiness, but the journey.
8. The ones hardest to love are the ones who need it the most.
9. Take out the trash from what's inside your head.
10. Empty your mind.
11. Anger, hatred, and violence are only products of fear.
12. People are afraid of what's inside of them; when you are alone lying on your bed, do you feel empty?
13. If you lend someone $20 and they don't come back, it is probably worth it.
14. When making a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich, you must first apply the peanut butter.
15. Every action has its price and its pleasure.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Hey Lenka,
nice post! I've seen the movie as well and I think it's great! I liked the quote at the end:

"Where are you?"
"Here"
"What is the time?"
"Now"

Take care,
Martin