Monday, July 9, 2007

Ostrava sightseeing

There is not any reason to go. But is there any reason
why not to go?
If it is hard to find a reason "for" it is even harder to find
a reason "contra".
KLepo:-)


Once I had a chat with my lovely friend KLepo (originally from Slovakia now in Pakistan). He already made me do many crazy things and asked me to do another one. I asked him to give me a task so he did. I had to visit some places in Ostrava (place where I study) and take pictures of mine there. At the first moment it sounded crazy but then I started to feel ashamed as I´ve been living in Ostrava for 4 years and have never visited these places.


I decided to take some internationals as well so first July Saturday me, my friend Maruška, Anja (Belorussia), Bo (China) and John (Greece) went for Ostrava sightseeing. We visited Silesium Ostrava Castle, Miniuni, The Fairytale Ghost Cellar and New City Hall Viewing Tower.

We spent about 6 hours by walking and enjoying Ostrava. Of course we had to finish this trip in street that never sleeps - famous Ostrava Stodolni street having a drink and enjoying summer nightlife.

We wanted to go to the Ema Slag Heap as well... Hmmm... We walked soooo long.... We were soooo close.... We asked sooo many people... We were sooo tired... Honestly, we did not find it. When we asked later on other people we realized we almost were there. So now we have a reason why to go for Ostrava study tour nr. 2. Still there are many other places to visit - Mining museum, rope centre e. g. And the Ema Slag Heap:-)

I would like to tell thank to KLepo who (bored in Pakistan :-) caused 5 people of different nationalities spent a very nice afternoon in Ostrava. THANK YOU.
More photos HERE.

No comments: