Wednesday, July 18, 2007

5th IAAF World Youth Championships

Ostrava city had an honour to organize 5th IAAF World Youth Championships - athletics event for 15 to 17 years old sportsmen from all over the world. About 130 countries and more than 1500 delegates participated. I took part there as a volunteer which means I cared about Saudi Arabian delegation. It was such a nice experience to be part of such an international team. Just imagine 8 young talented Saudi Arabian sportsmen and their retinue from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt and Sudan. So I had a chance to practise French a bit too. It was a pleasure for me to watch my sportsmen during competition, show their retinue Stodolni Street and share happiness when Ali won
silver medal in
800 m.




During these days I also took a small (due to a small time) part in Colours of Ostrava musical festival. I had a chance to see Gipsy Kings and some Cuba hip hop band.

PHOTOS here.

No comments: