Monday, June 11, 2007

Prague with Judy

From 6th to 8th June I spent very special moments with Miss Judy Kong in Prague (capital of the Czech Republic, assigned in UNESCO list). I met this lovely lady from Hong Kong during ITC in Romania in April. She was one of not so many people who I wanted to see again anyway I would not belive it could really happen. You know "keep in touch" phrase at the end of special events is nice but does not become reality very often. So when Judy wrote me she is coming from Denmark (where she is currently studying) to Prague I definitelly decided to be her guide there.
We visited many historical places, took many pictures and walked a lot. We climbed four towers in three days and realized every single of them is of a different style. We started with St. Vit´s Cathedral (Prague Castle) followed by Old Town Hall tower. Then the next day we climbed Petřín tower (Czech small Eifell tower) and then Charles Bridge (Old Town Bridge) tower as well. And of course we did not miss those famous historical places such Old Town Square with astrological clock, Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, St. Nicholas Church, Wienceslaw Square and others.

On Wednesday evening we went to "U Houdku" pub which is very popular (not only) among AIESEC people where we met quite a big group of AIESEC Praha members. the thing is we met Misan, Vojta, Zuzka and Petra there. All those people (including me) were representatives of Czech ITC delegation so KiT (keep in touch) phrase became almost perfect (we only missed Lukas and Terka to have Czech delegation complete).

Apart of all special moments I must mention meal experiences as well. Because of Judy I tasted sushi for the first time (we found some sushi take out in Wienceslaw Square). I fell in love with sushi and I am looking forward to my next sushi experience (may be in Hong Kong?). The "Czech traditional meal mission" was clear: Kofola, beer, smažák (fried cheese) and vepřo, knedlo, zelo (pork, dumplings and cabbage). I was very curious about Judy´s reaction and was very happy realizing she liked it.

Dear Judy, thank you for special moments I could spend with you. Wish you all the best in your life. Looking forward to seeing you again - sometimes, somewhere (may be in Hong Kong?).

2 comments:

Martin said...

nice post! i wish i could have been there as well...

Anonymous said...

Your post reminded me my trip to Prague and I started to think now why is Prague so popular? There’s something magic about that city. We don’t know if it is Franz Kafka who’s attracting many Jewish to see Old Synagogue. We don’t know if it is a view from famous café Slavia over river and castle where former president used to go. We don’t know if it is inexpensive sort break offered in some travel agents shop. Maybe it's because of fact that due to its compact layout, the majority of hotels in Prague and tourist accommodations are located within a very short distance of its attractions, which can also be reached using the city's fast and efficient transport system. We don’t know if it is a desire to see post communist city witch has been barred from visitor for many decades. We don’t know if it is strolling over Charles Bride at dawn. Maybe this Prague guide ... We don’t know … but what we know, you will fall in love with Prague.